In order to facilitate an effective and constructive exchange of ideas and allow a maximum number of people to take the floor, participants are requested to please make use of the following guidelines to engage in the symposium debate.
Guidelines for all participants:
- Each topic of the agenda will be introduced by a panel representative before the floor is opened to debate.
- Participants are invited to focus their interventions on issues related to the list of questions under each session in the annotated programme.
- Participants should respect the indicated time limits. Each intervention should not exceed three minutes.
- Interventions should highlight controversial issues, best practices and insights, as well as challenges and ways to overcome them.
- Participants should refrain from discussing their organization's achievements, unless it adds information that strengthens and sharpens an idea being discussed.
- Interventions should reflect the unique expertise or experience participants bring to the table.
- Participants should make the most of the time by not repeating what someone else has already said.
- Participants should not read written and/or prepared statements during the interactive debate.
All written or prepared statements can be submitted to the UNCTAD secretariat in advance. The documentation, material and prepared speeches provided will be made available as background information for all participants.
We very much look forward to your active participation in the Public Symposium debate.